City of Lake City Florence, SC Full-time Accounting
Posted on October 9, 2021
The City of Lake City is accepting applications for Junior Accountant
- Assist the Deputy Finance Director with the financial operations of the City of Lake City.
- Prepare bank reconciliations. Receipt revenues and balance general ledger. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all financial transactions. Prepare/assist reports for year-end and audits.
- Prepare sealed bids and process city business license. Performs all other duties as assigned by Deputy Finance Director.
Skills and Education requirements:
- Associate/Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 2+ years of governmental accounting/finance experience preferred
- Demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft
- Office applications Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Salary is contingent upon qualification, education, and knowledge of position.
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance. Vacation, sick, state retirement and 15 holidays.